Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Traffic Pet Peeve

Why is it that every time it snows people forget how to drive??? It snows every winter and sometimes in the spring in Chicago. So why is it that people who have lived here all of there lives cant seem to remember how to navigate the roads when there is a little snow on them? Every time it snows traffic gets so screwed up, it takes hours for what would normally be a 20 minute trip. I just don't understand it.

The other day, when it snowed a little, I had am exam to take. Knowing that traffic would be slow I left an hour early. Unfortunately an hour wasn't enough time, it took nearly a half hour to reach a turnaround point which normally takes 5 to 7 minutes. It was at this point I decided to reschedule my exam because it was clear that I would never make it on time.

Come on people, its something that happens every year, several times a year, around the same time of year. How long does the learning curve need to be? I get that everyone needs to add a little extra time for travel in bad weather conditions, but having to add hours is a bit ridiculous. If we all could slow down a little and be a little more courteous to other drivers maybe we could cut down on the traffic backups and everyone can reach their destination in a timely matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment